Thursday 16 November 2017

At least there's space to stand






















It's a busy busy day
With cocktail plans and morning wishes
There's online shopping and offline whining
Fashion wars and unsolicited advices
There's also wisdom, if you missed
Right there in those corner seats
It's too many lives for me to handle
To worry about
The one I woke up with seems too easy now
I can't talk to faces I think I might know from yesterday
or last week in the same train
I can't run as fast as they do when the train stops
Because
I'm too busy making a rhythm out of all these footsteps
It's chaotics and cacophonous
The same cacophony everyday
Honestly I'm bored of even the love I see here
Because then these faces
Are with different faces
Every month, every week, every day
I can't run fast enough to grab a seat
And I've been so slow all my life
That I'm happy with the little things
If I have someone to text or an interesting phone to peep into
Some days I'm happy when there's no one to text, also
And just some gossip to listen to
Today, I'm glad at least there's space to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment